Friday, January 29, 2010

School

I know it's been a long time since I last updated...woopsy...I am just not that interesting these days. This is a picture of our beautiful campus here at USU. To bad it is now 40 below and covered in snow!! Classes are going really good so far. I can't really complain about them but there is one thing I am going to complain about for just a min...the walk to campus. Okay, well I have spent the last what..4 years probably of my life sitting. I haven't been very active so I am very out of shape. My first week of school about killed me! So I am on the third floor of my apartment building which means every time I go anywhere I have to walk up/down 3 flights of stairs. Not so bad really until you add the next 4 blocks to campus! I know I sound like a wimp right now but if you have ever walked up 8th east in Logan you would understand. I walk 2 blocks UP HILL to get to 8th east and then it's another block UP HILL then it levels off right before you hit campus. The second hill on 8th is what I like to refer to as The Hill of Death! That thing'll just about kill anything that tries to scale it. It's way steep and covered in ice so you are sliding all over the place and panting, you have blisters on your heels, shin splints, muscles in your thighs and butt are beginning to hurt that you didn't even realize you had, and you can't feel your feet. Then I have to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to my classroom M,W,F. I climb that hill 2 times M,W,F and once T,TH. It's the best! I couldn't wish for anything more wonderful. I am gonna be in some serious shape! At the top of the hill a block from campus sits St. Jerome's Catholic Church. Everyday when I make it up that hill I say a little thank you prayer to my dear Saint Jerome it goes something like this..."thank you St. Jerome for helping me one more time up satans hill." It's getting a little easier though everyday. I should stop complaining I am wimp.

1 comment:

  1. well you finally found your patron saint. I just read your update on the hill to the fam and we had a good laugh! I'm so glad St Jerome is with you!! :) hang in there!!! Summer is coming!
    Love ya
    Ma

    ReplyDelete